Princess Charlene of Monaco celebrates 45th birthday as Prince Albert II contracts COVID-19 for the third time

0

Birthday celebrations for Princess Charlene from Monaco are much more subdued this year as her husband has another health problem.

Charlene turned 45 on January 25 and due to an unusual movement, the Prince’s Palace has remained mysteriously silent.

Unlike previous yearsno photos of Charlene have been shared to mark the occasion, nor have there been any messages.

READ MORE: Prince Andrew’s accuser writes memoir a year after settlement

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert II on November 19, 2022 in Monte-Carlo. (David Niviere/SC Pool/Corbis via Getty Images)

Instead, only her official charity, the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation, wished the royal family a happy birthday on social media.

The silence from the palace is odd with other reports in recent days of a blood donation campaign organized for the royal family, while another showed photos of Monte Carlo’s pink skies as seen from Prince Albert and Charlene’s official residence.

And in a sad development on Princess Charlene’s birthday, the palace confirmed that Prince Albert had tested positive for COVID-19 for the third time.

READ MORE: Kate hosts an expert meeting in Windsor ahead of the ‘exciting’ launch

The 64-year-old is now isolating under the principality’s health rules but is said to be asymptomatic.

He became the first royal to test positive for the virus in March 2020 and later caught it again in 2022.

Prince Albert with his children Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella in the circus on Sunday 22 January. (Corbis via Getty Images)

Princess Charlene also contracted COVID-19 in June last year.

Over the weekend, Prince Albert was seen at Monaco’s International Circus Festival with their twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, but Princess Charlene was absent.

Princess Charlene accompanied her husband to the United States late last year to open a new aquatic center in Florida.

READ MORE: Inside the bizarre story of Princess Charlene of Monaco

The visit took place on Dec. 29, but was not revealed until mid-January for security reasons, Princess Charlene’s charity said.

Last week Prince Albert confirmed that he and Princess Charlene would be traveling to the UK in May for the coronation of King Charles III.

The couple at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center in Florida on Dec. 9, 2023. (The Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation)

They are the first members of the royal family to publicly confirm their presence at the historic event.

“I am sure it will be an incredible and moving ceremony,” Prince Albert said People.

But whether the couple’s children will join them remains undecided.

“The children, I think, [they] maybe a little young for this kind of ceremony. But we’ll see.

“You know I don’t know how many coronations of an English monarch I will see in my lifetime, so we’ll try to take advantage of that.”

Princess Charlene wears statement diamond necklace at royal prom

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.